Friday 15 April 2011

The Penultimate Post....

Only one week to go until the West Wing is complete. Yes it's nearly the end of the blog. There has been so much progress over the last week and it is all coming together and looking GORGEOUS!

But... I won't be revealing the final 'after' shots until after the official opening of The West Wing. So my penultimate post will instead simply give you a sneaky glimpse into the new space.

So first up the kitchen... oh the kitchen. It is a thing of beauty and as well as double ovens we now have two warming drawers... we still haven't quite got over the rotisserie in the oven but I am sure at some point the novelty will wear off.... in 2025!


The island is in place - at this point it is covered up so you can't see it in all it's glory but it looks amazing and I am envisaging theatre style cooking by the husband in this area!



Here's a cheeky glimpse at the hob... 




.. I said it was cheeky.. I aim to tease. This hob is AMAZING but I am resisting the urge to show it off yet! I am loving my Smeg appliances I just now need to work out how the hell to use them!


We love the tiles - they are yet to be grouted but still look brilliant



Toilet is getting there - we don't have a toilet installed yet but we do have a sink in and rad is on. It will be given a regal feel with the decor but more on that to follow!


Utility room has cupboards and a sink and tiles...


And the vestibule is still sparse but the floor is finished


Then we had the archway into the dining room, which was a tad on the 80s side...



... but we now have corners...


The builders have kept on track and it will have been a 3 month build from start to finish which is exactly what they said, I know it sounds weird but while I won't miss the dust and the drilling I will miss the questions, the company, the trips to plumbing shops and even the tea making. They are a really nice bunch and would thoroughly recommend them!

So as Mr D is limbering up for a marathon, we are nearing the finishing line for the West Wing. Come Easter Weekend we may well be cooking a lovely roast (or maybe a spitroast chicken!) but not before we embark on the job of filling up the cupboards - can't wait! 

My next trick is to try to secure a celebrity to officially open the west wing.... I do like a challenge!

So until next time when there will be a big reveal!
Mrs Dx

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like it is going to be amazing!! can't wait for the final photos and of course expect to see if featured in the next issue of Elle Deco :-)xx

    ReplyDelete