Friday 4 February 2011

And There It Was Gone.....

It's been an exciting week and the West Wing is well and truly underway!
It is the first official week of the 'Big Doyle Build' and the builders have been going at some pace... the garage is no more! So it is with much pleasure that I can reveal a rather dramatic before and after..

before...







after....


It was an eventful five days which went a little something like:
Day one: garage demolished
Day two: footings dug
Day three: building inspector arrived and signed off work
Day four: foundations laid
Day five: bricks visible

This time next week I think we may even have some walls!



So while the work is underway and Mr Doyle has been involved in the rather mundane selection of boilers and underfloor heating. I have mostly been looking for household accessories that I either can't afford or make no sense but I think will look rather lovely in the new Doyle wing. I have in fact been ridiculed by Bonnie Brewer this week for ripping out pics from magazines but I really like antique cash registers and I'm sure I can find a place for one can't I!?!?


Today I am mostly coveting a stamp rug - I have fallen in love with it... but Mr Doyle says no - bah humbug. OK so £700 for a rug is a lot of money but think of the wow factor...

I also rather fancy a wall phone, not quite sure where I will put it but I am sure I can weave it into the scheme somewhere.
This weekend we will be tile shopping and as Madge was dealing with some less than helpful PRs  we have to go back to the drawing board on radiators it seems, so off to the DIY sheds we go. But we have a loo and a sink on the premises so there is progress.

The very good news is this week is 'photo shoot week' which sees me hanging out with the posh and becks of the interior styling world and means I can stare at interiors and beautiful but unnecessary household items for five consecutive days! It's like a dream come true.

So onwards and upwards (literally) and next week expect wall-to-wall fun in the West Wing!

Mrs D x

No comments:

Post a Comment